Over the first three years of business, we’ve made a number of changes…some big, some small, many as a result of your feedback. We are grateful that you make it possible for us to be a part of this community and we hope the changes will continue to make Quechee a better place to live. To explain our next evolution, here are some details:
WHAT IS CHANGING?
BREAKFAST: The café will remain as your breakfast headquarters from 7-11am. Although plated meals (stack of pancakes, farmer’s breakfast) will no longer be available, we will still be serving most of your favorites: pastries, espresso, coffee, and premade breakfast sandwiches. This setup will make it easy for you to quickly grab what you need and be on your way. Of course, the café seating space will still be open for you to enjoy if you’d prefer to stay a while!
LUNCH: In order to operate a more vibrant deli/prepared foods department, we are going to slide the lunch business into the deli area and launch a new menu, which will feature:
- Signature paninis, prepared each day with local, fresh goodies
- Daily specials, featuring seasonal ingredients
- Gourmet, premade sandwiches for easy grab-and-go
- Hot soups, changing daily
If you’re at Jake’s to grab lunch, how will it work?
- BROWSE :: Check out the prepared foods case for some great to-go options: salads, snacks, sandwiches, etc.
- ORDER :: If you’d like to get a signature sandwich/panini: you can order that at the deli counter, beginning at 11am
- PAY :: Pay at one of the main registers in the market. You can do this while you wait for your panini to be ready
- ENJOY :: At our tables inside or outside…or save it for later and hit the road
WHEN IS THIS HAPPENING?
This change will take place on Monday, September 12th.
WHY ARE WE DOING IT?
We’d like to combine our food preparation efforts of the café and the deli into one operation so that you can have more delicious things to choose from every day of the week.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask one of our staff members and we welcome your input throughout the transition. We are looking forward to these changes and making your Jake’s experience even better!